UNIX/LINUX System Administrator
Location: Melville, NY
Position Type: 6+ Months Contract
Provide planning, testing, tuning, configuration and setup of UNIX / Linux environment.
• Understand, in depth, the business processes supported by the system
• Deploy new applications and bug fixes across multiple server and operating system platforms
• Work closely with Software development teams to troubleshoot and code installation
• Support for application configuration and lab functionality
• Track progress and escalate as appropriate unless resolution reached
• Ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained across applications for administration, deployment and monitoring over a range of platforms that largely comprises industry standard components.
• Identify faults and issues and recommend appropriate paths to resolution, and fixing as appropriate
• Undertake advanced system administration tasks as required e.g.. to support problem resolution
• Support QA teams in configuration of applications for testing
• Ensure appropriate contingency procedures are in place for applications and that they are regularly tested
• Contribute to process development and best practice
• 3-4 years of hands on UNIX/LINUX/Solaris 10 Administration experience including installation, configuration and maintenance
• Understanding of NIS,DNS and NFS
• Strong trouble shooting and skills
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols
• Broad understanding of overall infrastructure
• Ability to identify issues or exposures and propose solutions
• Strong organizational and documentation skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Experience in a variety of Operational Support Environments.
Thanks & Regards!
|| Tel : 703-831-8282 Ext : 212||Fax : 703-657-0092 ||
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "US consulting Contract Opportunities" group.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "US consulting Contract Opportunities" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.